Maggie's Musings

12.17.2006

Rollercoaster anyone?

It was a days of mixed emotions.
I know... pretty hard to imagine - me - with mixed emotions.
Stupid band and their stupid lack of being able to count, look up, listen, - screw it - play with any level of competence whatsoever! And to be doing this in public, really not cool. We do the same gig every year and every year it stinks. This year was my first year conducting it and I find it a little disconcerting when you have a number of members of the band who come up to afterwards and say in a totally sarcastic tone "we're fun to conduct aren't we?" or "see why all the other conductors had such a great time?"

I was ready to crawl under a rock and die. I didn't know whether to cry, get angry, or laugh. I did a lot of the getting angry on the inside during the outward laughter - like how Jack Nicholson laughed as the Joker. Twisted laughter.

Then there was the getting more angry and frustrated part about school fee crap as we talked in the coffee shop followed quickly by the stupid jealously as I learned Nibski and Frenchy were having dinner that night (yes, Likalia, I KNOW he and I will never happen! and our dinner was excellent - thank you!)

Following dinner there was the 'teach Likalia Bridge' night which was good times indeed. A lot of true laughter (not the I'm going to dunk you in a vat of acid laughter) and good wine was had by all.

Except for actual crying, I think I ran the gauntlet of emotions today. I hope tomorrow is nothing like today in that regard.

2 Comments:

  • You weren't kidding about the rollercoaster! You sound like you need a hug *HUG*.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 18/12/06 3:43 p.m.  

  • and more WINE! *nods and walks to get some*

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 18/12/06 4:17 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home