Maggie's Musings

12.02.2006

Replace or Revamp?

My cat needs to be a dog sometimes so she could bark when something's asquew.

From where I'm sitting in the living room, I can see into the bathroom sink when the door is open. My cat was sitting in the middle of the floor. I didn't think anything of it because my cat's weird. I could hear water running but I knew that washing machine was running so I figured that was what I was hearing. But no... it was the toilet over flowing.

This toilet doesn't work properly at times - keeps running because the float stays up.

The back story: I came home from Dragonboating and coffee. I used the bathroom. I forgot that I had to watch the stupid float because it had been working fairly well the past 3 days so I went upstairs, made lunch, came downstairs, turned on the tv, watched a bit, checked my email, then looked up to see my cat sitting in the middle of the washroom floor, didn't think anything of it, talked to Likalia and was about to get up to make a phone call. Walked into the back towards the washroom and the bedroom to set into water in the hall, my bedroom and it was about 3 inches deep in the washroom where my cat was sitting - because she's part fish.

Following events included a full out argument, cursing, yelling, crying, sewer snakes, the emptying the majority of my closet, insults, accusations, the 'reminder of my age' and all that implies regarding attitudes, actions, and living conditions... the usual back and forth with my father. Good times...

So the toilet and my living situation is fixed for the next few months yet again... fixed is never a good thing - replaced with a newer version is always the better option and yet the all mighty dollar is always the determining factor.

The day can only get better from this point.

2 Comments:

  • *hugs* Sounded like you needed a hug luv. :( I can sympathize, my current living situation isn't the greatest either. I'm 27 years old and my g/f can spend the night because the person I live with won't allow it. I'm just talking sleeping over here, not, y'know, the other stuff. *sighs* Anyway, I'm sure things will get better. *hugs*

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4/12/06 4:00 p.m.  

  • Can't Stay over, I know it was implied but I couldn't edit my comment.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4/12/06 4:01 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home