Maggie's Musings

10.25.2006

TWO Oven Mitts Required

I burnt my hand today. Typical scenario: in a hurry, wasn't thinking... blah blah blah.

Pulling out the hot pan from the oven with only one oven mitt would ordinarily do the job just fine... except this oven mitt was old (therefore thin). So I pulled my hand back from the pan (this is the hand holding the pan with the oven mitt) and grabbed the pan in an attempt to make sure the pizza didn't fall onto the floor with my non-oven-mitt hand.

My reward: a nice inch by 1/8 on an inch thick mark on the inside of my left hand which is currently STINGING like crazy so I should go and get more ice for it. This happened over 6 hours ago - you'd think it would have stopped hurting by now but apparently not.

Stupid.

2 Comments:

  • Okay, I've burnt myself enough times on the stove to know just how much that stings. I'm blowing you boo boo healing kisses across the country luv. :(

    By Blogger spankosaur, at 30/10/06 9:33 p.m.  

  • Thank you! The weird shiny skin patch is going to be there for a while I'm sure.

    By Blogger Maggie, at 6/11/06 9:46 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home