Maggie's Musings

10.23.2006

Emo? oops... I thought you said Elmo

I asked my kids what their definition of Emo was today and I got a response that I wasn't expecting. According to them it's all about depressing punk wannabe music listeners who are into getting attention by whining all the time and wearing black clothes. I figure it's like a combo of goth and punk and some other wierd stuff.

So I did some research - if you can really call it that - and found some interesting sites. I liked this one about the correct clothing. Then there was this definition that I thought was good after I had read what this person had to say.

All in all I figured I got a pretty good education today from the kids and the internet. I find it funny that they kids think this whole emo thing is stupid and at the same time, I know people who are totally buying into the whole thing. *hee hee* Who's smarter - the 14 year olds, or the almost 30 year olds? My vote is with the future.

1 Comments:

  • Life is full of strange coincidences.

    While trying to come with costume ideas for a halloween dance a particular guy I know decided he should go as a punk girl. Upon searching the internet for images for costume ideas I kept coming up with references to emo. I hadn't a clue what they were refering to.

    Thank-you for the timely enlightenment ;)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 24/10/06 2:43 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home