Maggie's Musings

3.23.2006

Emma's Been Found

Likalia was right. Bad things do happen in threes.

I got the call at work on Thursday that Emma had been found on a dirt road in the middle of no where missing her wheels, seats, stereo and all my stuff (even Rashy's camera). Now I have to deal with the idiotic insurance man who's been talking down to me ever since day one. BAH! It's not looking good at this point. They haven't assessed her yet and apparently won't even start her engine to see if she runs because she "was in the hands of thieves for over two weeks and who knows how they drove" her. I interrupted him with "no.. it hasn't even been a week yet" but apparently that just made him even more condescending. Jerk.

So Rashy's accident was the first thing. Emma's disappearance was the second and now Bjorn (Nibski's Volvo) is on the way out. Rashy's got a rental, Nibski got one yesterday and I'm getting one tomorrow. *Sigh*

On a happier note - I took a group of kids out Dragon Boating in the pouring rain today and they totally loved it! They were thrilled to be getting wet just standing in the parking lot getting their paddles and life jackets. Going on the boat was a bonus apparently so yay for that. Some even asked if we had a team at school - sounds like they'd actually like to do this more often which is neat especially since it was coming from some usually really meek kids who aren't involved in sports in any way at school or in the community. This may be something they'd enjoy. One said "This is a sport where you don't have to run. I like that!" I thought that was perfectly stated.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home