Maggie's Musings

3.02.2006

Mark this day down in the history books

*deeeeeep breath* Brace yourselves... this is big news.

Today... I got a cell phone. I KNOW! ME! I have joined the rest of the lemmings and have a cell phone. It was going to happen before the summer anyway and this was a perfect time to get that done and to help out a friend in need who had been saddled with an extra cell phone after a very bad break up.

It's tiny. It doesn't flip. It's silvery-grey. It's a Motorola C370 that I will make do with for now. Considering how often I actually would be using it I'm sure it'll serve my purposes just fine. Transferring info was a bitch. We were in a pub on his cell and the loser on the other end woold not speak clearly. It was if he had a baby sleeping on his shoulder he didn't want to disturb. We were an hour past closing time when I finally got off the phone with him. The waitress was wondering what the hell was happening. She thought I was 'having a moment' because I was all hunched over while the others were talking and laughing. She soon caught on that they were waiting for me while Rashy kept saying "How long can this take!?" at the most inopportune times so I would have to get the little dude to repeat what he'd mumbled yet again which delayed the departure yet again. I didn't get to ask the little man about changing phones (this is on a contract) or changing the number or anything. I'll have to wait. *Sigh* We'll see if I can handle the pressure.

4 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home