Maggie's Musings

3.05.2006

The Trek Begins

I leave tomorrow morning with my other little darlings for another trip; this time it's a two nighter which will really be a one nighter and an all nighter. I'm starting to worry about things like falling off the side of the mountain as we make our trek through the heart of the Rockies and then I think, I cannot control any of that so why the hell should I even think about it. I cannot control nature. I must repeat that over and over again - I cannot control nature.

I checked the Weather Network and the roads are clear. I checked the forecast - only a slight chance of a shower. I rechecked all our reservations, packed multiple pairs of mittens and scarves, bought breakfast bars for kids who can't afford food (there are a couple who I will be paying for the whole time - such is the way in my 'hood), packed another sweater just in case and the list goes on.

At this rate, I don't need to be a parent. I'm already a freak as it is - why go through the pain and agony of having my own children when I'm already insanely worried about other people's children?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home