Maggie's Musings

2.22.2008

"Thank Heaven for Little Girls" my @$$!

Alan Lerner was a moron. I mean, what idiot comes up with that phrase and then had the nerve to make it into a song? Why ruin music with such an idiot comment? He obviously didn't teach a group of 12-13 year old girls.

My PE class is killing me... or trying to. Wait, a more accurate statement would be the follow quotation relayed to me by my co-worker, Mr.A.: "Mr.A, just so you know, I'm going to do everything in my power get Ms. M. fired!"

Yup. That's good times I tell ya. See, I have this "silly" idea that in PE class you should... wait for it... wait for it... PARTICIPATE!

*GASP*

I know, I know... the NERVE! But wait.. I'm even MORE unreasonable. I want them to be in proper gym strip so they don't get their regular clothes gross and stinky/muddy and wet.


*GASP GASP*

Told you I was brutal. This gaggle of five girls actively do not participate. Yes, that's what I meant, they try their damnedest to NOT participate because that's what I'm wanting them to do. I tried the whole routine of praising those who were participating, you know, catch them when they're doing something good but that just made them try other things.

The gym strip thing is stupid - I mean seriously... you want to pick a fight with me over something so lame, be my guest. You won't win. The excuse of "I don't have any money" doesn't cut it when the island you live on has a free store! But hang on, I said the wrong island name when I was suggesting it so that entitles you to pick a fight about how you wouldn't go to that store because the Island you live on has it's own and blah blah blah blah blah.

I was so done with them today that I made the ones who were literally, I'm not exaggerating here, literally standing around on the soccer field while 4 of the 9 of them on that field tried to actually play a game... I made the 5 go into the school and wait while I got an administrator to come out and deal with the stupidity. I was so done. However, I think this made it worse because as "little girls" can do, they batted their eyelashes and made me sound like a real ogre and now admin is suggesting that we have a whole class meeting because they're not getting along with me and vice
versa.

ARE YOU KIDDING!? That's totally playing into their hands! We're not "getting along" because the darlings don't know how to show respect and/or not lip off and/or be prepared for class.

ARGH! Not impressed and now this is going to be haunting me all weekend. I can't believe that something so great - like the BIG CONCERT last night is being overshadowed by moronic girls. I know that I'm letting it get to me but it's really hard to not let it get to you. Give me my boys class any day - please!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home