Maggie's Musings

1.17.2008

Pssst! Have you heard.....?

Rumors. BAH! I'm tired of them. Tired I say!

I was at workshop today and all the buzz in the down time was rumors about how things are changing next year and who's going where and blah blah blah blah blah...

I removed myself from that corner of the room and sat at a table, but that table was spinning the same tales so I moved to another table that was also heavily engaged in pointless speculation. grrrrrr...

I thought for sure I'd be safe at the gym. Nope. After the usual cardio routine (which is getting too easy so I think I need to change it up a bit), I tried out an All-Abs-for-30-minutes-Class-of-Torture (really quite good and thoroughly enjoyable.. once it ended) but the discussion before the class was the same! ACK! You'd think that there would be more to talk about and do with your time than gossip. And you'd think that maybe every waking hour is maybe enough even if gossip is your cup of tea.

Well, I'm not part of it. I mean, of course I can't totally remove myself from the situation but I'm not going to be a perpetrator of the gossip. Everyone is already tense 24/7 and this rumor mill is only making it worse. For my own mental health, if no one else's, I'm going to disengage from the conversations. End of story.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home