Maggie's Musings

1.13.2008

Centennial Post

I have a confession... it doesn't take much for me to get addicted to something and that new something is the gym. This has happened before so I suppose I'm more of a binge addict - go hard for a while then stop. I'm hoping that this is an addiction I can keep.

I didn't go today and it felt weird. I did, however, go out on the dragon boat which I haven't done in over a year so at least there was a tiny bit of exercise today. We were only out for a while because the waves were really choppy and the wind was getting stronger by the minute. There are parts I miss and then there are the parts I really could do without.

I can do without the clammy feeling you get after paddling in the wet and cold. I could also do without the constant questions about work since I'm trying to avoid all talk about work except while there. Sure, they could have been asking me about work because they haven't seen me in a while but it really wouldn't have mattered if I'd been there the week before or I'd seen them 24hours before - the questions would still be there and that I can most certainly do without. Sure, they mean well blah, blah, blah but I'd forgotten how frustrating it is to answer the "How's everything at work?" question without lying, without telling, and without being downright rude in shutting down the topic completely.

I miss conversing with people who have different jobs, being on the water, and the repetitiveness of the stroke, stroke, stroke.. it's oddly soothing in a 'my muscles are burning' kinda way.

Not much of a 100th post but there she be. Maybe it won't take me 2 years to get another 100.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home