Maggie's Musings

2.07.2008

Personal Trainer Session #1

AWESOME NIGHT! It was great! This was the first of 12 sessions. I had the one shot deal and since then have signed up for 12 more and I'm so excited. At first, when I signed up, the girls at the desk were saying "That's so EXCITING!" and I was laughing at them thinking "what is this so exciting?" Now I get it! It is exciting! My trainer is terrific. We're both ultra driven and really focused which is perfect. Who... me competitive? ;)

We really did a lot of isolated weight training tonight which was a change from the first routine she set for me. I'm going to alternate between the two. The first is more core oriented and all over work so that's good. I'm REALLY EXCITED about this! I think it's going to be great. Yes, it's an expense and kinda extravagant but... yes, it's clique.. I'm worth it!

I also found out today that the work scenario has once again changed for next year and I'm thinking more and more seriously about how the 'forced move' (aka permanent lay-off) is going to be a good thing. I think the 5 years of beating my head against the wall should have been a sign but I'm also quite stubborn (again... who me? never!). I'll find out soon enough what the lo-down turns out to be. Until then I'll rip it up at the gym and feel good about something I can control instead of feeling crappy about all the things at work that I can't control.

:D

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home