Maggie's Musings

2.03.2008

Weekend Warrior

Okay... slight exaggeration. I wasn't a warrior but I felt like I accomplished a lot fitness wise.

Saturday was fantabulous! A crew of people headed up the mountain to participate in the snowshoe & fondue evening. Brilliant! There were about 25 which included our crew of 6 (check out Likalia's page for more info). I was excited about my new snow pants - silly but true. She and I had gone shopping in the morning and after much disappointment finally found a pair that not only matched my jacket but fit too. They fit better when I didn't have 3 layers on under them but still - they were good! It's amazing how a medium and a large in some items are light years apart. There were moments when Likalia just laughed at me when I opened the dressing room door because I was either drowning in a pool of snow gear or having to suck in so much I would have keeled over if I'd taken a step.

Anyhoo... the actually snowshoeing thing rocked. I loved it and it was a terrific workout. Much different than the last time I'd been snowshoeing almost 2 decades ago (can you believe I can say that!?). Those shoes were traditional garb where as the ones we had on Saturday were super duper high tech. Loved it! Did I mention that? The fondue dinner kicked butt as well though there was surprisingly too much food to eat it all.

Today I rocked it at the gym. I had a personal trainer session earlier in the week and she'd told me to try the 20-20-20. "The what?" It's when you do 20 minutes of cardio on 3 different machines without breaks and keep your heart rate at a constant level. She initially recommended I do this once a week but after seeing the puzzled and totally disappointed look on my face said, "or you can do this 2-3 times a week because you have a lot of energy." Thank goodness! So I tried it out today and for the first time in... well, a long time... I was dripping with sweat by the end but was totally pumped as well. I wasn't at all winded and just felt wonderful! YAY! I'm proud of me! :D Still, no huge change in the actual weight - still trying to shed that 5 I put on this fall (grrrr..) 2 more to go and I'm back to August again so that's good.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home