Maggie's Musings

1.04.2008

Visions of Cockroaches Dance in My Head

I'm thinking that I must have eaten something really weird yesterday when I wasn't paying attention because I had the most screwed up dream.

Likalia and I were staying in a city visiting friends though I don't know who they were or in which city this took place. Our arranged sleeping quarters were in someone else's 'apartment' and I use that term loosely because it was just a largish room with a three beds, a table, sink, counter, old fridge and a lot of dusk and darkness.

Likalia decided that she could NOT, under any circumstances, stay in this place because a) we didn't know whose place it was even though our friends said it was okay, and b) the bed she was going to sleep on was too hard. So get this: instead of sleeping on the 'too hard' bed, she sleeps on the floor in our friends 'apartment' (again - I use the term loosely as it too was nothing but a room only it didn't have a lot of beds but a lot of floor space where they all slept instead - go figure). I was going to sleep in the mystery tenants room on the bed that I figured was the least likely to be the owner's.

This bed had a little platform like dealy under the mattress - it was more like a really large table with a shelf under the mattress. I chose this bed simple because it was the least disgusting of the choices (including the one belonging to the tenant) and even though the entire shelf was covered in cockroaches. I know! But at least they were dead right? Apparently they were sleeping too and as I got onto the bed they started to move. So, as I lay there paralyzed with fear that I was soon to become a cockroach playground, all I could think about was that Likalia and the others were sleeping on the floor in the next room and how stupid they were for doing that when I had a comfortable bed.

Time to get all psycho babble - what is this saying? Even if your circumstances are comfortable, there is always something lurking below the surface? The proverbially monster under the bed in cockroach form?

Oh - the tenant came home later that evening and didn't bat an eye that I was in her apartment. It was someone from high school that was about 3 years ahead of me and I never hung out with - ever. The mind digs up some odd stuff.

2 Comments:

  • Other than the fact that you should maybe watch what you are eating before you go to bed, roaches can mean the following: roaches represent an undesirable aspect of yourself which you need to confront or a pun for smoking marijuana, roaches may also be symbolic of tenacity and longevity.

    That isn't that terrible. I would say me refusing to sleep on the bed and then sleeping on the floor is just indicative of how stubborn I am in both reality and the sub-conscious. ;)

    By Blogger Likalia, at 4/1/08 1:26 p.m.  

  • I'll take "We're both insane in reality and sub-conscious" for $1000 Alex.

    By Blogger Maggie, at 4/1/08 2:48 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home