Maggie's Musings

3.31.2006

Maggie's Body Declares Mutiny

I suppose it had to happen at some point. I've been stressed out for over a month now with all the work stuff and car stuff so my body has quit. I took my first sick day ever. I've been working at this job for coming up 3 years now and this was the first one. I suppose that's a good thing. I really shouldn't have even gone in yesterday but I did.

Took back the evil rental car today. Stupid Toyota Echo... the Yaris is the new model of the Echo so that's not an option for my new car. I think I've settled on the Honda Fit. It's brand new - not even allowed to be sold until April, which is tomorrow. Talked to the dealer dude yesterday and of course he liked it - it's his company but from everything I've read and heard, it's a gonna be good. I was worried that it would be like a Matrix but apparently it's the size of a Yaris so that's happy. Small and sporty is good. Big and station wagony not so much.

I think I totally threw the salesman off with my almost equal knowledge of the car. He started by pointing out the colour options to me. Of course, because I'm a girl, that's all I care about. I stunned him when I cut him off by pointing at the hideous orange colour and said "That colours only available in the Sport model, correct?" His response "you have done you're homework haven't you!" and proceeded to tell me about the engine and the mechanics of the car. Yay! I'm on the appointment list to test drive one as soon as they get them on the lot which should be any day now. I can't wait!!!

2 Comments:

  • What exactly are you test driving? what model Honda? is it the Civic hatchback? or something entirely new? I'd go to the honda website and start looking around, but meh, I'm lazy :) Sorry to hear your streak of no sick days came to an end :( But even god rested on the seventh day ;)

    By Blogger spankosaur, at 1/4/06 3:16 a.m.  

  • She said she is test driving the Fit! Sheesh! Catch on there boy. ;)

    By Blogger Likalia, at 3/4/06 8:43 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home