Maggie's Musings

7.16.2006

Necessary Evils

Apologies to those extremely few people who read this blog. I have moved - temporarily and have nothing but work to do in every waking hour. A relaxing summer it will not be, but I'm tough... so far. Predictions from a fellow classmate - people will start to break in the last week of July and I'm thinking he's correct. We have 4 assignments due that week and they're all major. The necessary evils aren't many but they are:
  • sleep (takes up too much time but damn.. it feels good).
  • sitting on my ass (can't really type while walking)
  • drinking coffee - and here's the kicker... it's Starbucks coffee
Okay okay... those of you saying "but you bought real coffee when you were at home last weekend" must understand that all three of these necessary evils are related. In order to fend off the sleep, coffee is required. In order to make myself get off my ass and not look at the computer screen, I need to walk. Where shall I walk to so that my walk will have a purpose because if the only purpose is walking for walking's sake, I'll feel like I'm wasting time so to thwart that idea I walk to the Starbucks at the bottom of the hill therefore killing all three of the necessary evils in one smooth move. Clever? I think so.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home