Maggie's Musings

5.21.2006

T'was a simple evening... unlike yesterday

Ah summer... or at least summer-esque. A nice walk, a little rain, a cup of coffee... marvelous.

Nibski and I went to the coffee shop, got our usuals (it was new girl coffee tonight - little heavy on the flavour, yikes!) and walked. Down Ellis to the water then around the marina, the boardwalk etc. Drove to the park and walked there checking out plants and trees - then went house looking. I love house looking! I haven't done a drive by house looking in a long time so that was cool. We picked out some places for me to move into once I get a real job...

Tomorrow's going to stink - stupid band performance that I have to get up early for on my DAY OFF! Bloody stupid commitments to things I don't want to be in in the first place but have to still do as a favour to BallBoy since he's leading it and there won't be people there and ACK! Moving right along....

Last night was interesting though - the bbq with people who don't know how to leave their pets alone. People are dumb. Why... why would you kick someone else's animal, or ANY animal for that matter. Especially when you know that the animal you are kicking is just defending it's territory from your stupid animal that you insist on bringing and that the animal you are kicking was severely abused all through puppyhood!? That is the sign of a true dog person - someone who cannot leave the house without their pet and then think that everyone else should rearrange their lives around their pet. Like Likalia said - I'm not going to bring my cat to your house so please don't bring your dog to mine. My cat would be totally offended if I brought her to someone's place for dinner. "Tessie and I will be there at 6:30..." umm... no.

Don't get me wrong - dogs are great - I like dogs, I've had dogs and some year will likely have another dog, but dogs and dog people are two completely different things. I am not, nor will I ever be, a true dog person so this is why I find it extremely hard to not mock dog people when they do stupid things like bring their dog to someone's house for dinner when the invitation clearly was not for a three but for two and then they get upset when their dog is 'attacked'.

I wonder - do they try to take their dog to restaurants as well?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home