Maggie's Musings

6.21.2006

Antsy and Pensive

It was the last day of classes today before the exam crunch for the kiddies. It was actually a sad day for me because I had my last band class with the kids I started three years ago. They were my first class ever. I tried to say some inspirational words at the end of class but I couldn't... I was getting choked up again. I'm such a sap. We arranged ourselves in a circle and played out of their beginning band arrangement book from their first year. We ended the class by going around the circle and sharing our favourite memories. Some stories were very enlightening and other were just classics that we all know and love. It was really a 'warm-fuzzy' class. I will miss them but I know I have a lot more to look forward to in the years to come. They will always have the 'first' place in my memories though - that's for certain.

There are so many changes going on around me right now but I kinda feel like I'm stuck. They are really exciting things happening and I suppose I feel left outta the loop. Maybe I think I'm suppose to be somewhere I'm not? Not sure. I know that working on a Masters is a 'big deal' or supposedly is but it seems kinda stupid at the moment. Likalia has bought a house. Fantastic! She's now a full fledged adult - complete with debt forever ahem. ;) Some friends just announced they're going to have their third baby this spring! Terrific! Our other friends think they're crazy but I think it's exciting. I got an update from uni friends a year into their marriage. Good on 'em. Another friend just got back from China and bought a house and car within a week. Of course, she made a tonne of cash while she was there even though she hated every minute but still - holy crap! Where the hell am I?

In a job that doesn't have much of a future except struggle and grief, living in my parents house with no real assets of my own except a car and who can I blame for that? Only me. I know, I know... it could be a hell of a lot worse. I could be doing nothing and I know I am doing stuff but it just seems that I have so%

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home