Maggie's Musings

5.14.2006

United 93

Saw the film tonight... really wasn't top of my list of films to see but I did anyway. There were just the three of us in the theatre at the beginning, then two guys came in and then another guy. At least we paid for the wages for the two workers. It was scary that the girl needed her calculator (or help from the manager since she couldn't find the calculator) to add $4.00 + $3.00. Slightly frightening.

The movie began and ended very abruptly. No opening ads and just a few screens of info at the end. Ballboy, Nibski and I were all a tad shaken after the film. It was really jarring recalling that day which was years ago already! I can't believe that. I think I hurt Nibski's arm... once the movie ended he said something about having to start the circulation again... Ballboy was hanging on to me just as tightly as I was to Nibski so Nibski's a WIMP!.. either that or he's totally heartless... not sure which is more likely at this point.

Anyhoo - thought it was going to be a 'meh' film but it was actually quite well done. I'd recommend it, if you like nasty, horrible, real life scary things. Considering the subject matter, it was respectfully made.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home