Maggie's Musings

2.22.2006

The only light I see is black

If there is a light at the end of the tunnel - I can't see it at the moment. Maybe I'm just walking totally blind and it's actually right in front of me but I doubt that. As I said a while ago, at the beginning of the weeks of torture, these have been weeks of torture and I'm in the thick of it now.

We have a concert tomorrow night and we're not ready... well - one group isn't ready and it's because of two people. Two very loud, obnoxious people who have yet to understand that they are not the funniest people on earth, that they are not able to play their parts without practice, that their behaviour is not appreciated by others and that they are not on making any friends because of all of the above. I really can't believe that people can be so rude. So incredibly rude. It really gets me when I'm sluffed off as being a nuisance or have eyes rolled at me when I'm trying to give advice on how to do something - Hello! You are here to learn not piss around!

On the opposite end of the spectrum I had a message on my machine from another player who was calling to reassure me that they would indeed be at the concert but are currently too sick to move to get to rehearsal. Now that I respect. The foresight to let the director know that they will still be there because they are the only one on their part and know that without them, we just wouldn't be able to perform. That's awesome! I suppose it's those moments I have to hold onto because I can find the other type at every turn.

As long as I make it to Friday... I think I can then prepare myself for the hell of the next two weeks over the weekend and create a plan of attack (or survival).

1 Comments:

  • Oh sorry, I tripped over the cord and forgot to plug the light back in!

    *reaches down and plugs in light*

    Better??

    Wait a minute? Where are you?? Oh damn, you aren't in this room. Maybe it wasn't my fault! Hmm, well have you tried all the light switches where you are?

    By Blogger Likalia, at 23/2/06 9:11 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home