Maggie's Musings

2.11.2006

Age of Empires III

I just spent the past 137.23 minutes playing Age of Empires III and I won! YAY ME! I know... it's a sad day when things like this excite me but whatever. It's amazing how long you can sit infront of the computer screen and not even realize the time is passes. Every once in a while you get up and stretch, get water, get a cookie (or a shot glass full of chocolate chips) and then you return to the game as if there is nothing in the world strange about staring at a monitor that's depicting an era LONG GONE when covered wagons on your trade route were an improvement from your current state of communication.

I'm mindlessly killing off peasents and collecting wood, mining, wishing I had more things to hunt but my only physical concern is the onset of 'mousehand' so I have to stop once in a while to sit on my hand to warm it up. A far cry from the life I'm playing out on the screen. I find my thoughts going to things like "I can't sent a woman peasent to hunt or chop wood. She should be a home or picking berries." Hello!? But I'm trying to stay as true as possible to the facts of the time period but whatever. The woman go and kill things and chop wood and mine today so whatever.

Now to try and drink all 55 martini's on the menu at the pub tonight. I think it's a worthy challenge - not quite on par with Age of Empires but it'll have to do.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home