Maggie's Musings

2.06.2006

Beer before Yoga = Good Thing

Last week, Yoga sucked. It was horrible. I felt like crap - couldn't do anything and even cried at one point because I was so angry at myself for not being able to do things I'd been doing so well for so long. I blamed it on a lot of stuff; the work day, the music that was being played that was busy, the crazy loud chanter chick beside me.. but I'm sure ultimately it was because of one thing - an obvious lack of beer.

This week, there was an unexpected beer drinking occation prior to practice. All paid for and including a meal from an out of town friend who just appeared at work as he sometimes does. We met with some other friends and had a grand time... with much beer and laughter.

Apparently it worked for me. It was one of the best yoga nights ever. I was laughing through the parts where my legs were wobbling so much I could barely stand and I didn't really take notice of the freaky X-file-esque Snake Eyed woman beside me (more on her another day). It was all good. Cute guy #2 was there, on the other side and we briefly spoke at the end and all was happy in yoga land.

My conclusion - beer is good. This the Astanga practice should include pre-session arm bending practices at the local pub all the time.

4 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home