Maggie's Musings

11.19.2007

Continued Obsession

I'm suppose to be sleeping but I'm surfing the web instead. I'm suppose to be doing a lot of work but I'm dreaming about other work I'd like to be doing.

I'm obsessed with the notion of travelling to a conducting camp/workshop/symposium/something and more specifically one in a far off land that would cost me buckets of money and likely a lot of stress. The past... um.... 40 minutes I've spent researching everything I could about this camp from location to organizers. Then I obsessed about the money and thought there must be something in North America I could go to instead, found a whole bunch of other things I'd never heard of before, got overwhelmed and logged onto blogger. *Sigh*

I was reading the various repertoire lists from these camps and though one of the following: "yup - I could do that," "what the hell is that?", or "ooo - tough but good."

Then I obsessed over the organizers of these 'new' camps. I don't want to go somewhere and feel like I'm wasting my time but then again - who the hell am I to say I know everything? These are the people who are "THEE PEOPLE" (so I'm told), therefore I'm likely to get something out.

Now to stop talking about it and actually do it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home