Maggie's Musings

4.14.2007

Nervous...

I shouldn't be nervous. It's not like this is some high society gig - it's a community band performance at a local hall in the middle of a Sunday afternoon. It really it's a big deal in the grand scheme of things.

However, I'm still nervous. The band hasn't put on it's own concert with a rented space in forever and I really hope they can pull it off. I'm just really hard on myself and think I could have prepared them more for this performance but at the same time, I can only do so much and I realize that. It's going to be what it is and there will be screw ups, I can guarantee that... I hope that we get back on track quickly when they do happen.

Some people are taking this really seriously which is what is making me nervous. I'm just the sucker that took over but how they play is still a reflection upon me as the director. I don't think I'll ever get use to that, no matter how long I teach or direct. We'll see how it goes.

Labels:

2 Comments:

  • We got through it. Yay! (and people thought we were pretty good! Shocking!)

    Up next Schubert!

    By Blogger Likalia, at 16/4/07 9:10 a.m.  

  • I'm sure it was better than you expected, and even though I do understand why you're hard on yourself, ease up on yourself luv, you do so much, and it's not your fault if they didn't practice enough :)

    By Blogger spankosaur, at 16/4/07 10:20 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home