Maggie's Musings

9.25.2006

Unfortunately, timing IS everything

My luck stinks - well, maybe it's not my luck but my timing. I think either I born too early or too late.

For as long as I can recall, my ability to participate in travel has been off by at least a year. As far back as grade 5 this has happened. We were suppose to go on some overnight field trip that they do every year with the grade 5 class but our year was the one they skipped. Then in grade 7, same thing.

Skip ahead a decade and a bit and we find a similar situation. Friends that are travelling while I'm doing other stuff. Three years ago it was Russia, last year it was Newfoundland, this coming year - Prague. Now I know that I'll get to see all the pictures and hear all the fabulouso stories but I really REALLY do not what to hear all the planning and excitement leading up to the event because that's the killer part for me; however, as it was so kindly pointed out to me tonight when I was told that Nibski has agreed to go for sure, it was my choice to do my masters degree now so I can't really complain. Well screw that! I'm going to complain all I like, thank you very much! Consider this the first official complaint and expect more to follow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home