Maggie's Musings

9.02.2006

New Meaning to a Name

I went shopping today - specifically for bras... I suppose it could be fun... if I were rich and were average. I'm not average in this particular department so selection is limited and not all that cheap. I was also in the market for a sports bra. Purchased two of that variety and one of the every day sort.

Aren't Sports Bras suppose be worn FOR a workout and not BE the work out? Holy crap! I wonder if my experience with this bra is anything like what a very large cat would experience trying to get into one of those really really tiny cat doors? I thought I was going to pull my shoulder out of its socket trying to get this thing on! It was a pull over thingy - that felt great once it was on - but omigod! The actual putting-it-on process was a work out in itself! I seriously thought at some point I was going to have to call someone in to help me get either in or out because I was half of each. That would have been a sight!

"Um... excuse me? Hello?..."
"What can I help you with, dear?"
"I'm... um... kinda stuck... "
"Stuck?"
"Ya... can you help me?" pulls curtain back. Store lady sees me with my arms over my head in a quasi 3m tower diver pose entangled in the killer sports bra. Much struggling, jiggling, and laughter ensues. I purchase bra.

Well, except for that whole dialogue and the woman helping me, that was pretty much the situation behind the curtain in my own private hell of sports bra land. I'd advice against it.

1 Comments:

  • You have to think of the sports bra as your warm up exercises. ;)

    (it is even more fun to do in TINY change rooms, where you can barely turn around, let alone wriggle into the said killer.)

    By Blogger Likalia, at 3/9/06 2:31 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home