Maggie's Musings

10.15.2006

When is the Day the Music Will Die?

I honestly thought that the information I was learning about how to protect your band program from being cut was just more information that I would never have to think about after university class discussions but now I'm being thrust into the heart of the very scenarios we talked about in room 1033.

I have a very heavy heart today. I talked to a fellow music teacher this morning. She wanted to know if I was available to sub for her in a couple of weeks as her principal is sending her to a training program to train her for another job in the school. That is very frightening.

One can only hope that there will be a lot of backlash in our community if cuts happen.

1 Comments:

  • Fight! Fight! Fight! Sound The Drums of War! :( Well, not literally, but still, I hope there is an enormous outcry from the public in support of the band programs, Children NEED music. I know if I didn't have music as a teenager, god knows what would have become of me. :(

    By Blogger spankosaur, at 17/10/06 9:52 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home